Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 6, 2010

.6

Liz went in for her appointment on Thursday and took another IV for fluids/vitamins.  Also, after losing 2 lbs. each of the last two weeks, she gained .6 lbs...a step in the right direction :)  Liz's "puke-and-rally" skills are amazing.  We'll be in the middle of a conversation or a walk, she'll puke, and she'll just continue as if nothing happened.  She really makes me proud, that one.  Overall, she seems to be feeling better.  I base this on two things: 1) She's gone from just being miserable to being miserable and complaining about it.  2) Her increase in deep, heavy sighs.  Both of these take energy, an energy that she previously did not have.

I picked-up a book to read to lil' HJ as he/she is in Liz's belly, "Buddha at Bedtime"  by Dharmachari Nagaraja.  It's a collection of 20 "tales of love and wisdom for you to read with your child to enchant, enlighten, and inspire."  I saw it in a local bookstore about 6 months ago and made a mental note of the great stories and graphics.  I'll leave you with one of the morals that follows each story.  "We can all benefit from listening to the wisdom that others have gained from experience and are kind enough to teach us.  A wise person knows that there is a time to play and a time to learn." 

No comments: